What is texture/granosite coating?
Texture coatings (granosite is commonly used) uses a flexible acrylic based coating with a naturally coloured texture finish. This is then applied to external walls such as:
- Cement walls
- Acrylic rendered walls (brick, block, concrete, blue board, polystyrene etc)
- And more…
This coating can be any colour of your choice. Alternatively, a base colour can be done by using a layer of primer, then a texture coat, and finally a sealer coat. This protects your walls from the extreme Australian weather.
While textured coating or granosite coating is most commonly used on exterior walls, this can also be applied to interior walls as well.
Benefits of texture/granosite coatings:
Using a texture or granosite coating on your wall can increase the durability of your home, save money in the long-term, and increase your home’s value by improving its aesthetics.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Increased durability against the elements (high temperatures, extreme winds, rainy days, and more)
- Durable interior walls which are less likely to flake, peel, and grow algae
- Low maintenance and requires less repainting or touch ups. Unlike normal paint, textured surfaces can be easily cleaned with water without water damage risk
- Greater coverage makes it easier to hide old flaws and patches that make your property look ugly
- Textures offer a different aesthetic from boring standard paint and sets your property apart
- Energy saving. The textured coating protects your home from extreme heat and cold weather — saving you money when it’s time to pay your electricity bills
- Less cracking. Textured coatings are more flexible and allow for more movement and vibrations from windows, doors etc.
Is texture/granosite coating right for me?
If you want a low-maintenance beautiful alternative to traditional and boring paint — textured coating is right for you.
Need help selecting the right service for you? Contact Hani today for a 100% free phone consultation and receive expert advice.